Friday 9 August 2013

Skin Colouring Tutorial

Hello

Its Karen here today with a little tutorial for you on colouring skin! There is no right or wrong way of doing it the best thing is to just try lots of different techniques and colour combinations and see which one suits you best!  You can get lots of different skin tones with Graph It Markers but this combo is one of my favourites.  You will need the following for this skin tone:

4125  4155  4170  and for blush 4145 and/or 5110.

The image I have used is a Polka Dot Pal from Little Miss Muffet stamps.

Step 1 - I cover the whole area with my lightest shade 4125 and I don't worry about even coverage at this point.


Step 2 - I have now added the middle shade 4155 but not taken it so far in.


Step 3 - I now add my darkest shade 4170 around the edge of her face and under the hairline, I find it useful to turn the image as I do it and don't worry that it looks a bit messy at this stage!


Step 4 - Now I take my lightest shade again 4125 and blend it all together, again turning my image makes it easier.


Step 5 - Now I give her cheeks a little colour by adding 4145 and blending out with 4125.


Step 6 - If you like really pink cheeks like me then you can also add 5110 and again blend out with 4125.


And here she is all finished.



Hope you found this helpful, why not give it a try and see how you get on!

Karen xx

6 comments:

  1. What a great tutorial Karen and the finished card is pretty as, too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skin combo Karen, definitely going to give that combination a try. Beautiful card and great toot too :)
    hugs
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tutorial and gorgeous card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant Tutorial Karen,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tutorial sweetie! Love it!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tut, Karen. TFS.
    xx Asha

    ReplyDelete

The Colour Crazy Design Team love to hear from you so please feel free to leave us a comment or question!